Slow Food Mother City’s ‘soft launch’ at Kwalapa on 10 December was one of over 1000 events in 120 countries celebrating Slow Food’s Terra Madre (Mother Earth) Day. More than 50 people interested in Cape Town’s new convivium gathered under the huge New Zealand Christmas tree growing in the heart of Kwalapa, a new organic shop and café at the Montebello Centre in Newlands.
Tag Archives: kwalapa
- No products in the cart.
here. Sign up for the latest Slow Food Mother City news and upcoming events!
Event Booking FAQ
If you are booking an event with Slow Food Mother City, please note the following:
- MEMBERS vs GUESTS:
Slow Food Mother City members pay a reduced price for events. Please select the MEMBER option if you are a current member. If you are a not a member, or are bringing guests, please select the GUEST option. If you accidentally select MEMBER, but are a GUEST, we will request the balance in cash on the day.
- SHOPPING CART
Click 'Add To Cart' to add your booking to the shopping cart. To view the updated shopping cart, scroll up to the top of the page, where the shopping cart is displayed.
- NUMBER OF TICKETS
To increase the number of tickets you wish to purchase, click on ‘view cart‘ in the top right hand corner of this page, and increase or decrease the number of tickets, before clicking on the checkout button to process your booking and payment. If you do not wish to change the number of tickets you are purchasing, simply press the checkout button to be taken straight to payment options.
- PAYMENT OPTIONS
Payment is processed via Webcash, a secure payment portal. Choose from either credit card or EFT payment options
- PROBLEMS WITH BOOKING
Should you experience any difficulty booking your ticket/s, please contact us immediately on email@example.com, so that we can look into it.
Follow @slowmothercity on Twitter
- Sunny side up! March 9, 2010
- Winter Mushroom Forage – Pictures June 20, 2010
- Honeysuckle April 25, 2010
- Beer & Food Pairing event at &Union February 11, 2010
- Terra Madre Day at Kwalapa November 10, 2009
- Eggmobiles, grass-fed beef and organic veggies: an autumnal visit to Spier Biodynamic Farm May 13, 2013
- Be Inspired… to forage in your city May 6, 2013
- Spier Biodynamic Farm Tour – Saturday 20 April 2013 April 10, 2013
- Pomegranate-Picking and Long-Table Picnic at Hoogwater Farm (Wolseley) – Saturday 16 March 2013 March 7, 2013
- Beerguevara workshop: a fun-filled morning of home brewing November 5, 2012
- Here comes the weekend! What’s on in Cape Town (3 December 2010) | Mother City Living: [...] for me, I’m going plum-picking with Sl...
- Michelle: Hi Alida The chickens are available in Cape Tow...
- Alida: Where can I buy these chicken and eggs ? Thank ...
- The unexpected splendiferousness of artisan beer | Mother City Living: [...] event, in case you’re wondering, was t...
- Join Slow Food on a visit to Solms Delta’s Indigenous Food Garden | Mother City Living: [...] Food Mother City (yes, there are two Slow Fo...
&union artisan beer backsberg beer biodiversity biodynamic cape town charcuterie community supported agriculture craft beer CSA darling event family farm Featured figs foraging free range chickens green drinks Hoogwater indigenous food kwalapa lelieblom lelieblom farm mother city mother earth mushrooms Oded's Kitchen orchards pickling preserving slow food slow food cape town Slow Food Mother City spier stellenbosch tasting terra madre terra madre 2009 waterblommetjies wellington wine wine tasting Wolseley